I love asian recipes! After figuring out how to make the best buffalo “chicken” with cauliflower, I decided to create an asian “chicken”. We love spicy in this house so I decided to attempt a gluten free General Tso’s recipe and guys it came out …
Tag: vegan recipes
Print Yum Buffalo Cauliflower Wraps ~ Gluten Free & Plant Based Ingredients1 cauliflower head hot sauce 1/4 cup tapioca flour 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flowerInstructionsPreheat oven to 450 Mix 1/4 cup tapioca flour & 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flower in a large bowl & set …
Hummus lovers unite!
Are you looking for a delicious and spicy appetizer or snack…I got you!
I’m a big hummus fan, it’s great with veggies, crackers and chips. Since I eat it so much I’m always experimenting with different flavors. Here is a spicy punch of flavor for you hummus lovers!
#glutenfree #dairyfree #vegan #plantbased
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons water - add 1 tsp at a time to desired thickness
- 1/2 small jalapeño
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Empty can of chick peas in the blender.
- Squeeze juice of 1/2 lemon into the blender.
- Add cilantro, cumin, garlic clove, jalapeño & salt.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until thick/chunky.
- Add 1 tbsp water and blend.
- Keep adding 1 tbsp of water at a time under desired thickness.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you want less heat, you can always add less jalapeño.
What is your favorite food? Anyone close to me could easily tell you my favorite food is pasta. Hence why I pulled this recipe together for you… and me to enjoy. When I started pulling foods from my diet to see how I …
All linked meals are Gluten free and vegan friendly. Eating a restricted diet can be challenging and boring if you don’t venture out and try new recipes or experiment in the kitchen. Out to eat is another story. It can be very isolating to eat …
Gluten free and vegan foodies unite! I created a masterpiece.
Lentil pizza… I know some of you are thinking, what the heck is that?
Guys I’m a pizza lover and being gluten and dairy free has made eating pizza pretty difficult.
Like all my other recipes I was on a mission to create a crunchy, chewy and flavorful crust that was gluten and dairy free. My husband loves it, which is huge! No only does he love it, he requests it all the time.
I even made these for my in laws, which was scary because they are pretty picky/particular about their food. They LOVED it and so did Joe’s sister. It took a lot of practice to get the perfect flavor and texture. Enjoy guys, you deserve it!
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove (peeled, but not pressed)
- 1 tablespoon Sicilian spices or oregano
- 1 cup + of sauce (depends how much you like on your pizza)
- optional toppings: 1/4 cup spinach, 1/4 pepper, 1/2 broccoli crown, 1/4 cup chopped red onion, & black olives
- optional cheese as a topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. (optional)
- In a blender add 1 cup lentils, 1/2 cup water, 1 tsp salt, 1 tablespoon spices and 1 garlic clove.
- Turn on blender for about 1 minute. (You should hardly see the round lentils)
- Add the other 1/2 cup water to the mix and blend for another 1-1.5 minutes.
- On an electric skillet turn heat to 350 and add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the middle.
- Drop 1 large serving spoon size onto the skillet (or more, depending on how large you want the pizzas)
- Spread the mixture out with 1/2 inch or less in thickness. Smooth into a round pizza shape, let it cook for 1 minute on this side.
- Take the pan and tilt the oil around to the edges, add a teaspoon more if needed.
- Take a spatula and slowly go around the edges and flip.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil if needed and cook for another 1-1.5 minutes.
- Place a paper towel on the plate and drop crust on the plate.
- Add sauce and toppings to the pizza. (I pre chop and sauté my veggies so they are already cooked and ready to go.)
- Place on the rack in the oven for 2-4 minutes to further crisp the crust (optional)
- Remove from oven, cut with pizza slicer and serve.
I created this cuban rice when I was coming up with my Vegetarian dish, inspired by Ropa Vieja. I love me some cuban food. This rice perfectly compliments the recipe I came up with for my gluten free/vegan version of Ropa Vieja. Originally I was juts …
Pasta Lovers Unite! I love PASTA! Seriously, it’s quite possibly my favorite food. Being gluten free isn’t a choice for me. It really has improved my health. My IBS is pretty much history, my anxiety has dropped significantly, I sleep more soundly and I have …
Special thank you to Naturally More for sponsoring this post. As always all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
It doesn’t matter if it’s the summer or middle of the winter, my family LOVES popsicles! I felt like it was time to try something new so I decided to whip up a delicious chilly treat made with our favorite hazelnut and chocolate spread from Naturally More (& it’s perfect for all my gluten free and plant based diet homies).
If you are wondering…the Naturally More products are gluten free, dairy free, vegan, non-GMO and have no trans fat.
I’m newly trying out plant based eating to see if it will help my arthritis. So far it really has. I’m amazed! I cut out diary and gluten prior to this due to my IBS and also noticed by dropping those things my anxiety level significantly reduced. So why not cut out more food to see if I feel better, right?
Anyway, I think you will LOVE these vegan & gluten free fudgsicles. Plus they are so easy to make.
- 1/4 cup Naturally More- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Pour 1/4 cup Naturally More- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread in to a small mixing bowl.
- Pour 3/4 cup almond milk into the bowl and whisk together.
- Add 1 tsp cinnamon and continue to whisk until fully mixed.
- Pour mixture into a popsicle mold and place in freezer.
- Give it 6+ hours to fully freeze.
I hope you enjoy these delicious treats guys! We sure do!