As the weather turned from summer to fall and fall to chilly winter, I started looking for new soup/stew ideas. There is nothing like a good stew/soup after playing out in the snow with Izzy. So, typically the way I go about creating a new …
Tag: vegan dinner
I love asian recipes! After figuring out how to make the best buffalo “chicken” with cauliflower, I decided to create an asian “chicken”. We love spicy in this house so I decided to attempt a gluten free General Tso’s recipe and guys it came out …
Pasta Lovers Unite!
I love PASTA!
Seriously, it’s quite possibly my favorite food. Being gluten free isn’t a choice for me. It really has improved my health. My IBS is pretty much history, my anxiety has dropped significantly, I sleep more soundly and I have more energy.
So there you have it, I my body and gluten are not friends.
But that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t enjoy all my favorite pasta dishes.
I had made sweet potato gnocchi in the past, but not gluten free.
I was thinking about new dishes to cook for my family and gnocchi popped into my head. It’s pretty easy to make and only takes 2 ingredients. Yup 2!
- 2 Sweet Potatoes (2 Cups Mashed)
- 1 1/4 Cups Flour (I used gluten free brown rice flour)
- Fill a medium/large pot with water & turn on high to boil.
- Wash & peel the sweet potatoes.
- Chop the potatoes and drop into the boiling water.
- When the potatoes are soft drain & blend them. You can also mash by hand.
- Fill the same pot with water and turn on high to boil.
- In a bowl mix 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes and 1.5 cups flour.
- Once blended place flour down on your work space.
- Drop the mixture and roll into a ball. Add flour as needed to reduce your hands from sticking.
- Cut into fourths.
- Take one piece and roll out into a long cylinder.
- Cut 1 inch pieces and lightly leave imprint with fork.
- Continue until all pieces are done.
- Drop uncooked pasta into the pot. (I cook 1/4 of the pasta at a time)
- Once it floats to the top, it is ready to be taken out.
- Use a strained scoop to pull the pasta out.
Have fun cooking & eating all!