I received some of the mentioned items in this post in exchange for an honest review. As always all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. There are so many beautiful things about motherhood. So many things that counter the craziness when you wonder, am …
As a mom you still want cute things that are of course also comfortable …and make life easier too! How about compliments? Yes, we still like those. I found a diaper bag that has given me cuteness, comfort, compliments and is super easy to use …
As a blogger or really just being a human in general we mostly chose to share the good on social media. I like to share the pretty parts of my life and the positive aspects. Yes I may joke about the bad, but you don’t see much of the nitty gritty. I have on make up in my photos and if I haven’t showered I’m doing a damn good job to hide it. Girls I go to the grocery store and thank my lucky stars that my kid is adorably charming so people look at her and not me. Why? Because I probably have on zero make up and am still in my pjs… at least I put on a bra, right?
So here are MY UGLY TRUTHS OF MOTHERHOOD:
1. I don’t always shower everyday. I have been known to take a few days off. That is some real mom life for you!
2. I have days where I feel too anxious to leave the house, so we just stay in. Beyond anxiety.. how about all the things you need to make sure you have before you leave the house.
3. I can’t drive past 30 minutes alone with Izzy in the car because she freaks out. When she cries or gets fussy it causes me distress. I’m not comfortable driving like that. Yes, I have pulled over the car numerous times to give Izzy a toy, book or anything to help her calm down and become content. I read an article that breastfeeding mothers actually are more sensitive to their child’s cry so I’m going with that.
4. My kid has tantrums…multiple times a day. It’s totally normal for this age… and we are dealing with it. She’s at that age where she really wants to communicate and is also testing to see what she can get away with. This is the age where you make or break the brat!
With all these ugly truths of motherhood, I’m grateful to have a product like Hefty that brings some strength to my tough days. Have you seen the commercials with John Cena? No, you should! He is one hefty, hefty, hefty guy! Do I wish I had John Cena here all day to take out the trash when my husband isn’t home? And maybe even carry my kicking and screaming child as I continue shopping in the grocery store? Yes! Or most of all to just look at? Because let’s be honest, he’s easy on the eyes. Um yes!
On a serious note, there is no stress or anxiety with Hefty! I know what to expect with this product and it’s amazing! I can count on the active tear resistant technology to keep all my trash in the trash! Now that’s a #momwin. No one wants poopy diapers or uneaten leftovers spilling out onto the floor or stinking up the trash bin. That would only bring one more ugly truth to motherhood and we don’t need to add more. I don’t need to be cleaning up more messes. Not only do these Hefty bags keep trash in, they keep the stink in too! Hefty Ultra Strong Kitchen trash bags have Arm & Hammer patented odor neutralizers.
When you are in the grocery store, go to the bakery and see if you can get yourself your kid a cookie and then head straight to the trash bags and throw some Hefty Ultra Strong Kitchen Trash Bags into your cart. Enjoy having one less thing to stress about during the day!
Even though these trash bags are already a great price, I’m sharing a coupon with you!
As a parent and educator I am constantly thinking about Isabella’s needs and what toys would be beneficial to her development. Play is so important to children and how they learn. I pulled 5 shops that have educational, adorable and unique toys that are good …
I’m not sure who is more obsessed with headbands … me or Izzy! She Loves to pick out which one to wear. I try to guide her so it matches, however sometimes she is dead set on a specific style and color. If you have …
Guys, you know I love fall! I love the cooler weather, the leaves falling and going to a pumpkin patch. Fashion-wise I love the sweaters, jeans, leggings and most of all… the BOOTS!
Once I got pregnant shoes with heels… well they disappeared into the back of my closet and are currently collecting dust. My husband is 6 foot 3 so I would like a little height, but I need some comfort in my life. You’re welcome mommies, because I found the most comfortable healed boots (they have sandals, clogs and shoes too).
4EurSole Footwear makes such comfortable shoes, that I call them mommy shoes. Now you don’t have to be a mommy to wear them, however if you are a mommy you will really want to. Mamas need style and comfort as we chase our babes around! Am I right? The 4EurSole shoes are made with a memory foam layer and you can really feel it.
I chose theRocky 4EurSole Concerto Women’s Waterproof Lace-Up Bootie. Why this boot out of the large selection of footwear? I wear a lot of earthy colors in the fall and thought the brown would be great for those colors in the cooler weather. I also feel like these shoes are perfect for so many types of outfits. From jeans, to leggings, to dresses (short or long), these boots are comfortable, cute and will complete your look.
POTTY TRAINING! Sounds scary doesn’t it? I have to admit, I started to get nervous as we got closer to starting. But there really is nothing to be scared or anxious about. The first week we read potty books and I even downloaded an Elmo …
Izzy has never had juice, until now! I found a company that has organic and non GMO lemonade! It also has 0 grams of sugar, it’s gluten free, vegan, has zero calories, zero carbs, no artificial ingredients and it’s low glycemic. It’s just a #momwin …
Remember when you were a teenager and you were trying to find yourself? Who are you & what do want to be? After you have a baby it’s like you are the hormonal, emotional and unsure teenager all over again. Eager to know the right thing to do and figure out who you are. Becoming a mother changes you in a way no one can really explain.
I’m finding myself again. My child is 18 months old and I’m still figuring it all out. One thing I’ve learned is you need to take time for yourself. Check out my three tips for finding the new you. Because being a mother is now a part of who you are.
1. Get a hobby. A good blogger mommy friend of mine reminded me of this. It sparked a thought, a hobby? Oh yes, I like to paint. In reality I liked to paint. I haven’t painted since I was pregnant with Isabella. I want to paint again, I want to be a painter. I miss that hobby, it’s relaxing and fun and it’s something I want to be apart of me still. So I’m making an effort now to bring back the hobby I loved so very much.
2. Reflect. The best time for me to reflect is when I’m going for a walk or working out. I can think about me, my life and if there is anything I want to work on as a person. If you like to reflect in the tub with with class of wine, I’m right there with ya. Well, not with you, but you know what I mean. Find time to think about how your day or week has been. Are there things you wish you did or didn’t do? What can you do to make a change in yourself or your life?
3. Go Shopping. Even if you can only go shopping online. Heck sometimes that is better! I love to grab my laptop and glass of wine while I window shop or snag a cute lil something for ME. By doing this you are thinking about yourself, which is so important. You want to embrace being a mommy but you don’t want to lose yourself in the process. As a mom you are constantly busy and don’t have much mental time left for you and what YOU want. I noticed looking good and feeling good go hand in hand. When I shower and dress up I feel better. If you are looking for style and comfort I’ve got you.
Shopping online is easy and one of my favorite places to shop is PinkBlush. You can find adorable fashions for during, before or after pregnancy. If you are a mommy or mommy to be you will love it! The maternity dresses are so adorable. Almost all fashions stretch or flow to fit with a growing belly or hide your postpartum belly. Or in my case, hide the mommy belly I’m working so hard to put some abs on.
I love this dress! Why? Well, it’s perfect for a pregnant mommy because of the stretch, a nursing mommy because of the criss cross neckline or a mommy chasing a toddler because of the comfort.
Isabella loves to be outside. I will say though, since she was very little she has been hot and cold with the swing. Bucket swings are just that, buckets! They are so big that your child is often lost in them and they never really …