Healthier Option Mint Chocolate Cookies
Let’s make some healthier option Mint Chocolate Cookies featuring some of my favorite products from Navitas Organics. Thank you Navitas Organics for sponsoring this recipe.
(Yields about 20 cookies)
* 1 cup almond flour
* 3 Tablespoons Navitas Organics cacao powder
* 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
* 1 tsp monk fruit sweetener
* 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
* Pinch of salt
* ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
* 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup Navitas Organics cacao wafers
* 2 teaspoons coconut oil
* ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
* 2 tsps monk fruit sweetener
* Combine the almond flour, Navitas Organics cacao powder, maple syrup, monk fruit sweetener, coconut oil, salt and peppermint extract in a medium bowl until dough forms. Place dough in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
* Preheat your oven to 350°F and prep a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
* After 15 minutes, place the chilled dough on a piece of parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Cover the dough with a piece of parchment paper. Flatten with your hands and begin using a rolling pin to roll out the dough. The dough should be about 1/4 of an inch thick.
* Use a small circular cookie cutter or shot glass to cut out circular cookies and place each on your prepared baking sheet. I used a shot glass and even though it was not sharp like a cookie cutter, it worked great.
* Place cookies in the oven at 350°F and bake for 10-15 minutes. In my oven at 1/4 inch thick, 12 minutes worked great! Remove from the oven and let them cool completely on a cooling rack.
* In a small pot combine the Navitas Organics cacao wafers and coconut oil. Melt on med/low heat. Once chocolate is melted, stir in the peppermint extract & monk fruit sweetener.
* Using a fork, dip cookies into the melted cacao wafer mixture. Let any excess chocolate drip off on the cooling rack or on the fork prior to placing on the baking pan lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
* Place the cookies in the fridge or freezer for the chocolate to set, about 30 minutes. Once the chocolate has set, they are ready to eat! Store leftover cookies in the freezer or fridge to enjoy later.
Please note: These cookies are not super sweet. If you are use to sweet cookies you may want to add more sugar and some Navitas Organics Cacao Butter wafers in place of the coconut oil. I find they help cut the bitterness you can get with a “dark chocolate” or in this case cacao wafer. With that said, Izzy (currently a 7 year old) loves these as the recipe calls for them, and so do Joe and I.
You can watch the video on Instagram here.