Sugar Cookies You’ll Actually Eat
Yup, that’s right! I’ve aways loved decorating sugar cookies… but I have not always enjoyed eating them. Well this year we played around with a lot of baking recipes and tweaked them to our liking. Here is our sugar cookie recipe, they are soft and flavorful! Enjoy!
I use my kitchen aid mixer when making these cookies. I find it much easier to mix/cream the butter and sugar.
- Turn on the oven to 350 degrees. Blend the butter (room temp) and sugar together. Use a spatula to push all of the ingredients to the middle for an even mix.
2. Now add the butter, egg & extracts & continue mixing. Slowly pour the sugar in while mixing.
3. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder & baking soda.
4. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet. Mix until all is combined.
5. Roll cookie balls into a bowl of granulated sugar. Press lightly and place on a cookie tray with parchment paper. Or take a small amount of dough, sprinkle granulated sugar on parchment paper & roll out. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes. Dip the other side of the cookie in granulated sugar and place it on a baking pan with parchment paper.
6. Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown.
I’ve connected with some amazing Bloggers to share some blogs featuring Christmas desserts! Tis the season for all the donuts, cake, cookies and more! Head to each of their accounts to check out what they are sharing.
Grace | Holiday Dessert: Arroz Con Leche
Kimmy | Christmas Sugar Cookie Dip