Ingredients 1-2 puff pastry dough sheets 8 oz cream cheese softened 1/2 cup granulated sugar 3/4 tsp vanilla extract optional 1 teaspoon lemon juice 1 egg 1-2 teaspoons water 1/2 cup powdered sugar 2-3 tsp milk (or milk substitute) 1/4 tsp vanilla extract Instructions Preheat …
Month: December 2020
Play Dough Stamping ~Educational & Activities for Letter Recognition, Letter Sounds, Spelling and Reading
I linked our stamps and some other options for these activities. commissionable links Letter Recognition Here are a couple ways to work on letter recognition with your child. 1: Have your child pick a stamp and ask them the letter they picked. If they say …
Yup, that’s right! I’ve aways loved decorating sugar cookies… but I have not always enjoyed eating them. Well this year we played around with a lot of baking recipes and tweaked them to our liking. Here is our sugar cookie recipe, they are soft and flavorful! Enjoy!
I use my kitchen aid mixer when making these cookies. I find it much easier to mix/cream the butter and sugar.
- Turn on the oven to 350 degrees. Blend the butter (room temp) and sugar together. Use a spatula to push all of the ingredients to the middle for an even mix.
2. Now add the butter, egg & extracts & continue mixing. Slowly pour the sugar in while mixing.
3. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder & baking soda.
4. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet. Mix until all is combined.
5. Roll cookie balls into a bowl of granulated sugar. Press lightly and place on a cookie tray with parchment paper. Or take a small amount of dough, sprinkle granulated sugar on parchment paper & roll out. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes. Dip the other side of the cookie in granulated sugar and place it on a baking pan with parchment paper.
6. Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown.
I’ve connected with some amazing Bloggers to share some blogs featuring Christmas desserts! Tis the season for all the donuts, cake, cookies and more! Head to each of their accounts to check out what they are sharing.
Grace | Holiday Dessert: Arroz Con Leche
Kimmy | Christmas Sugar Cookie Dip
Get Outside! Get outside! With or without your kids. It feels good to put your phone away and just go for walk in the fresh air. It’s a great time to talk to your kids and learn about things they are thinking and feeling. This …