Butternut Squash Gnocchi
My first time creating Gnocchi was over a year ago. I was trying to make
new & fun dinners that were gluten free. This fall I decided to give my sweet potato Gnocchi recipe a twist and use butternut squash. I’ve been enjoying it so much I wanted to share the recipe with you all. It’s super easy, & you only need 2 ingredients. Plus guys, it’s a great recipe to have for the fall & winter. Who doesn’t want a pasta dish in the colder months?
2 Cups Cubed Butternut Squash
1 ¼ Cup Flour
gluten free flour
- Fill a medium/large pot with water & turn on high to boil.
- Wash the butternut squash, slice and remove the skin.
- Chop the butternut squash into cubes and drop into the boiling
- Once the squash cubes are soft enough to mash with a fork, drain
& blend them. Mash by hand or place in a food processor.
- Fill the same pot with water and turn on high to boil. You will cook
the Gnocci in this pot.
- In a bowl mix butternut squash and 1 ¼ cups flour.
- Once blended place flour down on your work space & cover your
hands in flour.
- Drop a handful of mixture on your flour covered workspace.
- Roll mixture into a long cylinder.
- Cut 1 inch pieces and lightly push imprint with fork.
- Continue until all pieces are done.
- Drop uncooked pasta into the pot. (I cook 1/4 of the pasta at a
- Pieces that float to the top are ready to be taken out.
- Use a strained scoop to pull out the pasta & place on a paper
- Put all of your pasta in a serving bowl. Optional, sprinkle
with parsley. Serve with gravy or your choice sauce.