General Tso’s Cauliflower – Gluten Free & Vegan
I love asian recipes! After figuring out how to make the best buffalo “chicken” with cauliflower, I decided to create an asian “chicken”.
We love spicy in this house so I decided to attempt a gluten free General Tso’s recipe and guys it came out so amazing! My husband is pretty picky with asian recipes so I was pumped to see him go in for seconds and thirds. Nailed it on the first try!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 red pepper
- 1 broccoli crown
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1/2-1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tps white cooking wine
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- Heat oven to 400
- Start cooking rice per box/bag directions.
- Wash & cut cauliflower head into small bite sizes.
- Place in medium bowl with 1 tablespoon water.
- Add 1 tablespoon chickpea flour and 1 tablespoon tapioca flour.
- Mix in bowl until cauliflower is covered in flour.
- Place on a non stick baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While baking, chop up onion, red pepper and broccoli.
- On an electric skillet add 1 tbsp olive oil and the red pepper, broccoli and onion.
- Start cooking to brown edges of veggies. Stir occasionally.
- In a small bowl mix 1/2-1 tsp red pepper flakes, 2 tsp gluten free soy sauce, 2 tps white cooking wine, 4 tbsp ketchup, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tbsp grated ginger, 4 minced garlic cloves, 1 tbsp water.
- Once veggies are cooked add sauce and baked cauliflower to the skillet and mix until thick and warmed.
Hope you guys love this one!