I love asian recipes! After figuring out how to make the best buffalo “chicken” with cauliflower, I decided to create an asian “chicken”. We love spicy in this house so I decided to attempt a gluten free General Tso’s recipe and guys it came out …
Month: March 2018
Looking for an easy appetizer, just because… or for Easter? I got it covered.
Pearls® Specialties Kalamata Olives are my favorite for salads, wraps and even on their own. For the olive lovers, I created a hummus you will have to try. Snag some of our favorite Pearls® olives on Amazon or use their store locator to find a location near you selling them. Why Pearls®? Because this family owned brand has been around for over 75 years, which is why I was intrigued to try them in the first place.
Kalamata Olive Lovers Unite!
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp or less salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- Freshly squeeze 1/2 lemon into a blender.
- Open and drain 1 can garbanzo beans.
- Pour drained garbanzo beans into the blender.
- Add 1/4 cup olive oil, salt & cumin into blender.
- Blend ingredients until it becomes thick.
- Add garlic clove and water (start with 2 tbsp).
- Add kalamata olives and blend.
- At this point only add another 1 tbsp of water if you prefer a less thick hummus.
- Serve with some olives on top.
For presentation purposes I put the hummus in a plastic sandwich bag and cut the corner. Then squeezed it out like icing. Depending on the celebration add festive pieces such as these small eggs to the plate.
Ready to create this recipe? Find out where to snag your snacks olives here.
- 1 cauliflower head
- hot sauce
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flower
- Preheat oven to 450
- Mix 1/4 cup tapioca flour & 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flower in a large bowl & set aside
- Chop bottom off cauliflower & rinse
- Chop up cauliflower head into small bite sizes
- Mix cauliflower in the flour mixture
- Place cauliflower on non stick pan
- Lightly drizzle hot sauce on the cauliflower and mix
- Cook in oven for 20 minutes
- Be sure to flip halfway through
I love to double the recipe because these are amazing as cold leftovers. We will keep the buffalo cauliflower in a container and pull out some to make wraps as snacks, lunch or dinner the next night. This is great as the weather warms up too.
Enjoy these hot from the oven or cold from the fridge as leftovers! If you make them, let me know which way is your favorite.