Creamy Rosé Tomato & Garlic Pasta -Vegan & Gluten Free
What is your favorite food? Anyone close to me could easily tell you my favorite food is pasta. Hence why I pulled this recipe together for you… and me to enjoy. When I started pulling foods from my diet to see how I would feel being dairy free, gluten free and even meat free I had no idea that the kitchen would become more of a friend than ever before.
I really enjoy eating this way. Cutting dairy has helped with my IBS & digestion in general. With that being said I didn’t think I could ever have delicious creamy meals without dairy. Man was I wrong! I whipped up a flavorful and creamy rosé tomato and garlic pasta for you. It has only a few ingredients and is super easy to make.
If you are wondering where I found this wondrous blend of cashew and almond milk from So Delicious, Walmart! It’s in the cold section, not the aisle with the other non refrigerated almond & cashew milks. Snag this rebate on your So Delicious organic almond and cashew milk. I love it because it’s organic, non-GMO, soy-free, dairy-free and gluten-free. All my plant based, vegan, gluten free and dairy free foodies will appreciate that! Plus this milk is great for breakfast in shakes or with gluten free, dairy free cereal. (Yes we have cereal like that in our house.)
Can I lastly say my husband took a bite and said, “There is not way their isn’t dairy in here!” He thought for sure I had created a dairy filled vodka sauce! He always tells me when my recipes don’t taste exactly like it’s dairy version. “If you blindfold me and feed me this, I’d for sure say it’s a vodka sauce & made with dairy.” So I’m pumped about this guys, hubby approved!
- 1/2 cup So Delicious organic almond milk with cashews
- 24oz can/jar of organic tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews (soak a minimum of 2 hours)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 box gluten free, chickpea pasta
- Start boiling water for the pasta. Once water is boiling add pasta and cook per box directions.
- While the water is heating up to a boil, chop cashews in halves or thirds and drop into blender with 1/4 cup So Delicious milk.
- Blend for 1 minute, then add garlic and another 1/4 cup milk.
- Blend for another 2 minutes or until creamy and set aside.
- Wash and chop tomatoes in half or fourths.
- Pour sauce, tomatoes, cream mixture and spinach into a sauce pan.
- Cook on medium/low for 4 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Once cooked add pasta in a bowl and pour mixture over top and mix together.
I hope you guys enjoy this creamy and delicious meal! This is the perfect meal for someone who is new to the dairy free and gluten free world or a veteran! Packed full of flavor and protein!