Lentil Pizza ~ Gluten Free & Vegan
Gluten free and vegan foodies unite! I created a masterpiece.
Lentil pizza… I know some of you are thinking, what the heck is that?
Guys I’m a pizza lover and being gluten and dairy free has made eating pizza pretty difficult.
Like all my other recipes I was on a mission to create a crunchy, chewy and flavorful crust that was gluten and dairy free. My husband loves it, which is huge! No only does he love it, he requests it all the time.
I even made these for my in laws, which was scary because they are pretty picky/particular about their food. They LOVED it and so did Joe’s sister. It took a lot of practice to get the perfect flavor and texture. Enjoy guys, you deserve it!
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove (peeled, but not pressed)
- 1 tablespoon Sicilian spices or oregano
- 1 cup + of sauce (depends how much you like on your pizza)
- optional toppings: 1/4 cup spinach, 1/4 pepper, 1/2 broccoli crown, 1/4 cup chopped red onion, & black olives
- optional cheese as a topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. (optional)
- In a blender add 1 cup lentils, 1/2 cup water, 1 tsp salt, 1 tablespoon spices and 1 garlic clove.
- Turn on blender for about 1 minute. (You should hardly see the round lentils)
- Add the other 1/2 cup water to the mix and blend for another 1-1.5 minutes.
- On an electric skillet turn heat to 350 and add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the middle.
- Drop 1 large serving spoon size onto the skillet (or more, depending on how large you want the pizzas)
- Spread the mixture out with 1/2 inch or less in thickness. Smooth into a round pizza shape, let it cook for 1 minute on this side.
- Take the pan and tilt the oil around to the edges, add a teaspoon more if needed.
- Take a spatula and slowly go around the edges and flip.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil if needed and cook for another 1-1.5 minutes.
- Place a paper towel on the plate and drop crust on the plate.
- Add sauce and toppings to the pizza. (I pre chop and sauté my veggies so they are already cooked and ready to go.)
- Place on the rack in the oven for 2-4 minutes to further crisp the crust (optional)
- Remove from oven, cut with pizza slicer and serve.
22 thoughts on “Lentil Pizza ~ Gluten Free & Vegan”
Yum-we love lentils so this will be a hit with my kids!
I’m not a fan of black olives but this vegan pizza looks mouth watering. I love your vegan recipes! Keep it up!!
Awe thank you! It’s so good! Yeah add any toppings you want
Yum!! Your website is beautiful!!!
Awe thank you ?
This looks delicious!! I have to try this recipe with my boys because my middle child is very sensitive to gluten but LOVES pizza! Pinning this now!
Yay enjoy! It’s one of my faves!
Sounds like it’s a big hit! Might even be brave enough to try it myself lol. I’m picky!
Yes! It’s soooo good! Even good cold the next day
Totally going to try out this recipe next girls night with my friend who is gluten and dairy free as well!
She’ll love it! Let me know how it turns out
Wow, this looks and sounds amazing.
It’s so yummy!☺️??
I just grabbed some lentils the other day and then put them back on the shelf because they scared me. Lol. I will have to go back and get them and try this! Looks yummy!
Yes! Definitely give it a try
This looks SO delicious!! I need to make it for my little pizza loving 5 year old!!
Yes! It’s one of our favs
Are you using canned lentils or dried?
Dried lentils! Great question! I should have clarified