Swoon worthy Pho (Gluten Free and Vegan)
Excuse me as I swoon over my latest creation! My husband loves Pho, but it typically has meat and a meat broth.. which makes my arthritis act up. So I got creative in the kitchen and on the first try created a Pho masterpiece! It was so good, I made it a second time this week!
If you are craving an again inspired soup, this is for you.
- 1 red pepper
- 2 large carrots
- 1 head of broccoli
- 3 baby Bella mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 7 cups water
- 1 packet Thai Basil Sweet Chili (Passage Foods)- It's gluten free and vegan
- 1/4-1/2 Annie Chun's, maifun rice noodles
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- First you need to cut up all the veggies and put them into a big pot as you cut them up.
- Cut the red pepper into 4 pieces and then slice it on a mandolin.
- Cut the sweet onion in half and then slice with the mandolin.
- Chop the broccoli into bite sizes.
- Wash the mushrooms and remove the stem. Then slice on the mandolin.
- Shave the carrots then cut into angled coins with the mandolin.
- Dice the green onion.
- Add 1/4 cup oil to the pot with the veggies.
- Turn burner onto med/high and stir occasionally until onions start cooking down.
- Add 6 cups water to the pot.
- Open and empty the Thai Basil Chili Packet to the pot.
- Pour 1/2 cup water into the packet and empty into the pot, repeat one more time. This helps get all the flavor out.
- While simmering, press 1 garlic clove and add to the pot.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add noodles to the soup and let cook in the broth.
- Once the noodles are cooked, serve and enjoy!
Happy Cooking Friends!