Special thank you to Winking Girl Foods for sponsoring this post. As always all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
Eating plant based actually isn’t hard, neither is being gluten free. When you put those two together it can be pretty challenging, especially when you go out to eat. So I’ve been on a mission to create some amazing recipes and save them on my blog for your use and for me to refer to again and again.
Tonight I created a delicious meal, my own spin on enchiladas.
Green Enchilada Bowl
- 1 packet of Winking Girl green enchilada skillet sauce
- 1 zucchini (chopped)
- 1 yellow squash (chopped)
- 1 sweet red onion (sliced)
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 1 green pepper (sliced)
- 1 medium sized carrot (chopped)
- 5 baby bella mushrooms (chopped)
- canned mixed beans
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 3 cups water
- optional for rice: 1 cup spinach, 1 jalapeño & 1/2 cup cilantro
- optional toppings: salsa, acocado slices, shaved lettuce
- optional: gluten free tortilla (1/2 per bowl)
- In a large pot add 2.5 cup water and rice.
- Add jalapeño (chop off stem), cilantro and spinach to a blender & blend.
- Pour blended mix into the pot with rice. Put on the cover and turn on high.
- Once boiling turn down to low heat (mix occasionally).
- While the rice cooks chop and slice all veggies.
- Place all veggies into a large skillet (we use a large electric skillet).
- You shouldn't need any oil, they will cook down to your liking (stir occasionally).
- While the veggies cook pour the canned beans into a pot and heat up.
- Once cooked to your liking pour in the skillet packet in and fill the bag 1/4 with water and add that to the skillet as well.
- Ready to serve once mixed up.
- To serve, scoop rice into a bowl, top with veggie mixture and add optional beans, lettuce, avocado and salsa.
- Optional toppings: salsa, acocado slices, shaved lettuce
- Optional: add a tablespoon of oil to a pan and drop the tortilla on at medium heat, once crisp flip to the other side. Cut with a knife into slices.
Happy cooking friends!