Vegetarian Inspired Ropa Vieja -Gluten Free & Vegan
One of my favorite dishes when I eat out to cuban is no loger something I can eat. I miss it, the flavor is insane! But I don’t miss the way meat makes the arthritis come back full force and then my hands begin to pound.
So I’ve been inspired to start making all my favorite dishes I can no longer have out to eat. A special treat for myself at home & a taste of the other food I use to eat and still miss.
This recipe I wrote down as I tossed items in. I was crossing my fingers it would all come together because I didn’t have a backup meal for dinner. My husband loved it so much.
Also if you guys like leftovers, this is great reheated and cold!
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 4 campari tomatoes, diced
- 1 small zucchini
- 1/2 cup green fresh green beans, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 green pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced thin
- 2 vidalia onions, sliced thin
- 1 cup spanish olives, leave whole
- 7 garlic gloves pealed and pressed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 6oz tomato paste
- 1 cup white cooking wine
- Pour all canned goods and white cooking wine into the slow cooker.
- Turn slow cooker on high.
- Add all spices and garlic.
- Add olives and mix the sauce.
- Chop all vegetables and add to the crockpot, use tongs to mix up the vegetables and sauce.
- Cook for 4-5 hours, serve when all vegetables are cooked down.
Loving how that cuban rice looks? Snag my recipe here.
Happy Cooking Guys!
15 thoughts on “Vegetarian Inspired Ropa Vieja -Gluten Free & Vegan”
This looks great! I’m just over here waiting for you to publish a vegan cookbook!
Haha! Maybe if I create enough recipes
You had me with the olives. This looks delicious!
Thank you! We love olives in this house
Oh girllllllll. This looks absolutely amazing!
Thanks it was delicious
This looks amazing! I’ve never had cuban food, but I’m definitely gonna give this a try!
It’s so good! Yay! Have fun
This sounds so good! Loving all your recipes lately!
Yum! I love all of these recipes that you’re sharing!
Thank you Jessica
What a beautiful recipe! Looks and sounds good!
It’s so delicious