One of my favorite dishes when I eat out to cuban is no loger something I can eat. I miss it, the flavor is insane! But I don’t miss the way meat makes the arthritis come back full force and then my hands begin to pound.
So I’ve been inspired to start making all my favorite dishes I can no longer have out to eat. A special treat for myself at home & a taste of the other food I use to eat and still miss.
This recipe I wrote down as I tossed items in. I was crossing my fingers it would all come together because I didn’t have a backup meal for dinner. My husband loved it so much.
Also if you guys like leftovers, this is great reheated and cold!
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 4 campari tomatoes, diced
- 1 small zucchini
- 1/2 cup green fresh green beans, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 green pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced thin
- 2 vidalia onions, sliced thin
- 1 cup spanish olives, leave whole
- 7 garlic gloves pealed and pressed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 6oz tomato paste
- 1 cup white cooking wine
- Pour all canned goods and white cooking wine into the slow cooker.
- Turn slow cooker on high.
- Add all spices and garlic.
- Add olives and mix the sauce.
- Chop all vegetables and add to the crockpot, use tongs to mix up the vegetables and sauce.
- Cook for 4-5 hours, serve when all vegetables are cooked down.
Loving how that cuban rice looks? Snag my recipe here.
Happy Cooking Guys!