Special thank you to My Fruit Shack for collaborating with me on this post. We loved trying out these gummy molds. As always all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
My toddler Izzy LOVES gummies!
Most toddlers do, right?
So on my quest to feed myself and my family healthier foods I decided to create homemade, preservative free gummies! They are also gluten free and vegan.
I failed on my first attempt, but if you fail, you try, try again.. right?
These amazing molds are from My Fruit Shack.
These are super easy to make and I made the recipe super simple with minimal ingredients. I made 3 types: cherry, orange and strawberry.
- 1/2 Cup Fruit (your choice) I used 2 oranges (fresh squeezed juice), strawberries and cherries (pitted).
- 1 tbsp Agar Powder
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Optional: 1 tsp sugar in the raw or 1/8 tsp sweet leaf stevia
- Wash your fruit.
- If you are making strawberry gummies, chop them up and cut off the top. Place them into a measuring cup to insure you have the right amount. Blend with water. For oranges, cut & squeeze the juice into a measuring up. For the cherries, remove pits and place into a measuring cup. Pour cherries and water into a blender and mix.
- Pour water and fruit mixtures into a pot.
- Add the agar powder and optional sweetener at this time.
- Turn the burner on high and once the mixture starts bubbling turn to medium and keep stirring for 2-4 minutes until the mixture thickens. Use a dropper or spoon (depending on thickness) into the molds.
- Freeze for 2 hours then pop the gummies out into containers and place in the fridge when not eating. These stay good for about 1 week.
Have fun making these and enjoy!