Homemade Vegan & Gluten Free Gummies
Special thank you to My Fruit Shack for collaborating with me on this post. We loved trying out these gummy molds. As always all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
My toddler Izzy LOVES gummies!
Most toddlers do, right?
So on my quest to feed myself and my family healthier foods I decided to create homemade, preservative free gummies! They are also gluten free and vegan.
I failed on my first attempt, but if you fail, you try, try again.. right?
These amazing molds are from My Fruit Shack.
These are super easy to make and I made the recipe super simple with minimal ingredients. I made 3 types: cherry, orange and strawberry.
- 1/2 Cup Fruit (your choice) I used 2 oranges (fresh squeezed juice), strawberries and cherries (pitted).
- 1 tbsp Agar Powder
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Optional: 1 tsp sugar in the raw or 1/8 tsp sweet leaf stevia
- Wash your fruit.
- If you are making strawberry gummies, chop them up and cut off the top. Place them into a measuring cup to insure you have the right amount. Blend with water. For oranges, cut & squeeze the juice into a measuring up. For the cherries, remove pits and place into a measuring cup. Pour cherries and water into a blender and mix.
- Pour water and fruit mixtures into a pot.
- Add the agar powder and optional sweetener at this time.
- Turn the burner on high and once the mixture starts bubbling turn to medium and keep stirring for 2-4 minutes until the mixture thickens. Use a dropper or spoon (depending on thickness) into the molds.
- Freeze for 2 hours then pop the gummies out into containers and place in the fridge when not eating. These stay good for about 1 week.
Have fun making these and enjoy!