If you are looking for plant based and gluten free meals, this is one of my favs!
Do you watch my IG stories or follow my feed? Sorry not sorry for the delicious plant based diet overload! My arthritis in my hands is practically non existent and I’m only 2 weeks in.
As most of you know I’m gluten and dairy free for the past 2 months for my IBS flares. I found dropping these foods also helped with my anxiety! Yes, look it up. I did it for the IBS and realized I was sleeping better and less anxious.. real talk people.
So anyway my husband took me to some place that had this delicious vegan veggie bowl and it sparked an idea in my head. I knew I could whip up some fun thing just like this at home. I wanted to share one of my favorite lunches that is even yummy cold for lunch the next day. (My husband loves taking this to work.)
- Rice (Your choice, I used Basmati)
- Veggies (Any you like: onions, peppers, broccoli, green beans, carrots)
- Lentils (red or green, I used red)
- Mina Harissa Spicy (Moroccan Red Pepper Sauce)
- Spices: Salt, pepper, turmeric, cumin)
- Avocado Oil
- Cook rice per the directions on the package you buy. (I usually cook 1 1/2-2 cups uncooked, depending how much I want left over) If you don't want any/much left over do 1 cup uncooked.
- Add 1tablespoon turmeric to the water as the rice cooks.
- While rice is cooking cut and place some oil and vegetables on your large cooking pan or multiple smaller ones if you need. (I like to have multiple stir fries on my rice, so I cook them in separated areas)
- Cook lentils per directions on bag. (I usually cook 1/2 cup uncooked.)
- Once rice is just about finished start cooking the veggies. I like to use cumin, turmeric and salt & pepper for flavor.
- When rice is cooked, plate so you can slowly add the veggies as they finish up cooking.
- Serve with hummus and spicy red sauce.
I linked my spicy green rice recipe, also great with this bowl.
Have a blast with this one guys! Let me know if you have any questions.