For Izzy’s birthday this year we themed it around what she loves. It was between Mickey and Minnie Mouse, a dance party and an art party. We went with the art party and I’m so glad because it turned out beautiful! You can see the whole party here.
I’m sharing a fun and easy DIY Rice Krispies treat recipe with you all!
I seriously never made Rice Krispies treats before this and they turned out adorable and delicious.
DIY Rice Krispies Treat Paint Brushes
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 4 cups of mini marshmallows or 1 10oz package marshmallows
- Melting chocolates (white or colored)
- Optional: Food coloring (if you can't find colored chocolates)
- Large Wooden Popsicle Sticks
- In a large saucepan melt the butter on low heat. Add the marshmallows and keep stirring as it melts.
- Once completely melted remove from heat.
- Add Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal and stir until evenly coated.
- Press the mixture into a 13 X 9 pan. (Make sure to coat the pan with cooking spray first.)
- Once it has cooled a bit, cut into rectangles.
- Place each one onto wax paper.
- Melt one color at a time of the colored dipping chocolates (or add dye to the while ones).
- Dip each wooden stick into the melted chocolate and then stick it into the rectangular treat. (This will be the brush handle)
- Let sit for a minute to harden.
- Dip the top of the treat (the other end). Take a spoon and drizzle some on to allow for the dripping paint look. Lay flat on wax paper to dry.
- Store in large zip lock bags with wax paper until serving.
Have fun guys! I really enjoyed making these!