This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WonderfulYourWay #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
Date night, what’s that? I think we get one 1-2 times a month. If you you just can’t get away for Valentine’s Day or for an anniversary or you just need some time together, I’m sharing our secret.
My husband is Italian & I’m a pasta lover so I’m sharing our favorite family meal. You can serve your children meatballs and then keep them in the crockpot on warm until you are ready to have your date night in. We enjoy having a meal together once Izzy is in bed so we can focus on us.
Spaghetti & Turkey Meatballs
First stop head to Kroger and snag all your ingredients. Here is a shot of our favorite Barilla® Classic Blue Box Spaghetti at Kroger if you are wondering where it is. I’m a super visual person.
Why Barilla pasta and sauce? It’s an authentic food brand and the #1 choice of Italy. A delicious and perfect match for my Italian husband.
- Barilla® Classic Blue Box Spaghetti
- Barilla® Traditional Sauce (2 Jars)
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- Loaf of Bread (your choice)
- Mix the egg, bread crumbs and ground turkey
- Roll the mixture into golf ball sizes and place on cooking pan
- Cook outside of the meatballs
- Pour 2 jars of the traditional sauce into the crockpot
- Drop meatballs into sauce, in crockpot
- Cook for 5 hours on low
- Boil water & cook 1/2 box of Barilla® Classic Blue Box Spaghetti
- Cook to taste
- While cooking pasta, cut bread with heart cookie cutters
- Place pasta on the plate, followed by meatballs and sauce & heart shaped bread
Bread cut into hearts with a cookie cutter for a sweet and romantic flair is the perfect final touch.
Add extra sweetness to the table with flower petals and roses. I snagged all these extra goodies from Kroger. They are fabric so I can use them again and again! Add your favorite wine to pull the whole meal together.
Want more date night meal inspiration? Click here