I received the mentioned items in this post from Pediped to share in an honest review. As always all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
It’s cold most places in the winter but our kiddos still need to find time to get outside and work on their gross motor play skills so here are some activities you can do with your kids outdoors.
1. Kick and throw a ball outside.
2. Bring a stroller, shopping cart or any pushing toy out for a walk.
3. Draw shapes on the ground with chalk and practice jumping into the shapes. Work on both cognitive and physical development.
4. Explore the outdoors for leaves, rake a pile and work on jumping into them.
5. Head to the playground. Climb the play structures with your child and teach them how to pump their legs on a swing so they can move themselves back and forth.
6. Is it snowing where you are? Get outside and climb up hills to sled down or roll balls to build snowmen.
How cute is Izzy taking Elmo for a walk?
When Izzy is playing outdoors I like to be sure she’s in shoes that will really be developmentally appropriate for her feet.
pediped® footwear has always been a top shoe choice for us and I’m sure you have heard me talk about this company multiple times on my blog and on my other social media channels. Bottom line is they make a good shoe. The shoes are stylish and great for your kids feet. Sorry it’s the birth through five education major in me that makes me obsessed with child development.
There are 3 different types.
Grip ‘n’ Go™ – toddler
Flex® -big kid
Each shoe is specifically engineered to promote healthy foot development. Guys finding good shoes is so important for your children’s feet!
Did you know pediped Originals®, Grip ‘n’ Go™, and Flex® have been officially recognized by the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) as being beneficial for children’s growing feet. In fact they were among the first of child footwear to be awarded.
Shop Izzy’s Shoes
Have fun playing outdoors and keep those tiny feet happy!